24 July, 2009

Asia without Borders. Interview by media.



Arseniev State Museum
Vladivostok, Russia
22 of July 2009

Translation of interview:

Hamock and sleeping bag instead of hotels. Adventureous journey instead of ordinary life. Straight from the post of boundary control to the hall of media conference. Results of cultural expedition - a trip to 7 Asian countries.

Alexander Pototskiy: I brought along some materials with me but the most important of all was a talk. I have to explain to people what is 'Asia without Borders' and the reasons why I did this. I have to search for those people that will be interested in this.

It was the first hitchhiking trip of Alexander Pototskiy. He initially planned to finish the whole expedition within 4 months, but in the end it took him almost two years to complete the whole journey.

USD400 was what he had at the beginning of the trip but there were easily fully spend too quickly. That is why the traveler have to do some part time jobs along the road.

China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and another 3 Asian countries. Some of them Pototskiy passed by few times. He worked together with Singaporean photographer and journalists from Malaysia. He spend almost half a year in Indonesia.

Alexander Pototskiy: Of course I love Russia, but I have lived there for 20 years already. I think its enough. I have this strong wish for adventures and new countries. So the remaining 20-30 years I want to spend on other countries.

Now this traveler from Vladivostok giving advices to people who preparing for long journey, writing a book and organizing a photo exhibition.

But desire for freedom is pulling him to new expedition.

Palina Pankova. Vesti Primorye.

Link: PTR

No comments: